John T. Willis

Thursday, November 19, 2009

God Can Move the Mountains

This paragraph appears in Matthew 17:14-20 [It is also in Mark 9:14-29 and Luke 9:37-43a]:

"When they came to the crowd, a man came to him, knelt before him, and said, 'Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic and he suffers terribly; he often falls into the fire and often into the water. And I brought him to your disciples, but they could not cure him.' Jesus answered, 'You faithless and perverse generation, how much longer must I be with you? Bring him here to me.' And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him, and the boy was cured instantly. Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, 'Why could we not cast it out?' He said to them, 'Because of your little faith. For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and NOTHING WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU.'"

Unfortunately, most of us do not have this kind of faith or belief or trust in God. Why don't you try this out today, and just see what happens? God can move mountains: your fears, your anxieties, your temptations, your sins, your failures, your reversals, your losses. God can move mountains.

A few years ago, a wonderful composer wrote the song: "Mighty to Save." I hope this will encourage YOU today.

Verse 1:
Everyone needs compassion
Love that's never failing
Let mercy fall of me
Everyone needs forgiveness
The kindness of a Savior
The hope of nations

Verse 2:
So take as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender

Chorus:
Savior, He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever, Author of Salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

Bridge:
Shine your light
And let the whole world see
We're singing
For the glory of the risen King, Jesus.

Sing and pray and ponder this song. God will lift your spirit. Share this song with others. Let me hear from YOU.

John Willis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home