John T. Willis

Monday, June 08, 2009

I Enthusiastically Support Young People

People constantly criticize and degrade and fault young people. I have the opposite position for several reasons. Here are some of the reasons that I enthusiastically support and commend and encourage young people.

1. All of us were young. We forget his very quickly and very conveniently. I am now 75 years old. But I love young people. They are the future!!! They are the hope of humanity on earth!!! As a young person, I made many huge mistakes. I could write several books about all the stupid things I did as I was growing up. BUT, do ANY of us stop being stupid and making mistakes, even when we are 75 or 80 or 90 or 100? WE ARE HUMAN--thank you very much. Failures and mistakes and "boo boos" are part of the human package. So, if a young person makes a mistake, I remember that I made so many mistakes that I am embarrassed, so I do not fault a young person when she/he makes a mistake.

2. Young people are multi-talented. God created every person with wonderful talents and gifts and desires and visions. I am so thankful that each young person has unique gifts. I celebrate a young woman when she can speak more clearly and more influentially that I do. I celebrate a young man when he can invent computers and cars and planes and roads and clothes and books much better than I could ever do. I salute all of you young people for using and communicating all of your gifts to bless the rest of us.

3. Young people are sympathetic and caring and sensitive and compassionate. I see them touching and helping children, the elderly, the disabled, the disadvantaged, the neglected. God bless all of you young people who elevate the hearts and lives of thousands of people in your own community and around the world.

4. Young people are courageous and visionary and imaginative. The inventive minds and hearts and lives of people who began young and slowly matured who have produced the kind of world from which we benefit and which we enjoy. I am excited about the forthcoming means of transportation, types of clothing, quality of food, various types of publications--orally and written--all of this because of our wonderful young people. Praise God for young people.

Do some young people commit bad crimes? Of course--so do older people. Do some young people do stupid things that embarrass themselves and their families and their friends? You can count on it--So do older people. Do some people profess to be or do a certain dream or goal and then fail to measure up their their claims and aspirations? Absolutely--so do older people.

So for me--I enthusiastically support and encourage and defend young people. I pray that you will join with me in this important effort of life.

John Willis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home