John T. Willis

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Baseball Season

The March 2011 issue of AARP contains 50 quotes from various people about baseball. Here are some of these quotes:

Tallulah Bankhead: "There have been only two authentic genuises in the world, Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare."

Satchel Paige: "I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation."

Yogi Berra: "Ninety percent of the game is half mental."

George Bernard Shaw: "Who is Baby Ruth? And what does she do?"

Tom Trebelhorn: "Running a ball club is like raising kinds who fall out of trees."

Gerald Ford: "I watch a lot of baseball on radio."

Bill Veeck: "If you get three strikes, even the best lawyer in the world can't get you off."

Tim McCarver: "Bob Gibson is the luckiest pitcher I even saw. He always pitches when the other team doesn't score any runs."

Joe Adcock: "Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster."

Yogi Berra: "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."

George F. Will: "All I remember about my wedding day in 1967 is that the Cubs lost a double header."

Casey Stengel: "Sure I played, did you think I was born age 70 sitting in a dugout trying to manage guys like you?"

Charlie Lau: "There are two theories on hitting the knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither one of them works."

Bill Vaughn: "As a nation we are dedicated to keeping physically--and parking as close to the stadium as possible."

Pete Rose: "I'd be willing to bet you, if I was a betting man, that I have never bet on baseball."

Yogi Berra: "Little league baseball is a very good think because it keeps the parents off the streets."

Cincinnati Gazette editorial: "The baseball mania has run its course. It has no future as a professional endeavor."

I hope YOU have fun with these quotes. Have a great day.

John Willis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home