John T. Willis

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Two Choices in Life

Often, I return to the little poem of Robert Frost entitled: The Road Not Taken. Maybe you have read it yourself often, maybe never. But it is worth reading and pondering again and again. Here it is:

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

All of us HAVE to make CHOICES. We fret and pray and wonder and doubt and puzzle--BUT because we are all human beings--at some point, sooner of later, we MUST make choices.

Once we make each choice, THAT choice leads to another, then another, then another. That is just the way it works. SO, it is very important to do our best to make "God centered" choices. When that happens, God will bless us richly.

Every choice is a RISK. But God is in control. So--make each choice--trust in God--and GO FOR IT. God will bless you abundantly.

John Willis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home